Monday

You Don't Make it Easy

I suppose I should have jumped on the bandwagon sooner, but this has been a trying experience creating a new forum.

I'm obviously not accustomed to expending much effort to get things done, and I'm also not the sort to complain about not getting my way. But as I have been known to be angry from time to time, I think it is best for all that I express my exasperation at this whole internet experience.

First, I tried to acquire the domain name god.com. That was a no go, so I tried some of the alternatives...god.net, god.org, even god.info and god.biz. There were a few oddball, geography-oriented extensions available, such as .qc.com and .se.net, but I didn't want to appear biased toward any particular region. Besides those places are lame anyway.

Then I tried out thelord.com, but some asshole is using it as a money-making search portal (excuse my French). Iamthelord.com, iamgod.com, yhwh.com...you name it, someone's got it. So I made some phone calls. Would you believe that Network Solutions offered to sell me one of my requested domain name choices for $12,000? I explained who I was and the reason for my request and the customer service rep, Gary Elsley, laughed and suggested that I was a mentally disabled person. Guess who got in a car accident on their way home last week? Don't worry, he'll be alright. The irony was that he was doing a whole lot of praying on the ambulance ride.

Anyway, so I finally tracked down what I hope is a good place to set up shop. I'll be answering all questions, whether they are posted here or simply thought. There will also be plenty of clarifications on misunderstandings throughout the ages, specific arguments addressed, and the meaning of life explained (since everyone is so interested) .

Some ground rules:
1. Don't correct my spelling or grammar. Remember, all of that stuff is from someone's imagination.
2. Don't bash anyone else's questions. Just because they're stupid, doesn't mean they don't have feelings.
3. Don't ask me why any specific person 'had to die' or any other depressing crap like that (you don't really want me to tell you anyway!).

That's about it! Everything else goes. It's a free universe, right? Unless you're trying to get a goddam domain name.

-IATIA

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

If this is really God, what I am thinking right now?

I Am That I Am said...

Tricky question, Yvette. Do I answer what you were thinking at the moment you wrote your comment or what you will be thinking when you read my answer. How about both, shall we?

When you wrote question: you were hoping this blog is really by The Lord, but doubted it entirely.

Now: you are thinking you have to go pee and you want your crying brother to shut up and leave you alone. Freaky, huh? I know.

Anonymous said...

I did have to go pee, but I don't even have a brother, let alone one that would be crying. I'm 33.

Anonymous said...

Wow I have so many questions I do not know where to begin. Will my boyfriend ever move back to NY from Paris? I guess thats a good start!!!

I Am That I Am said...

OK, Yvette, I see you are one of those questioning types. Maybe your mom never told you about your brother! Did you ever consider that?

Yuniversull, your boyfriend will move back, but that's not the real question here, is it? Will he be coming back ALONE is what you should be asking. The answer is no, he met a 33 year old woman named Yvette.

Anonymous said...

How could God have a blog if there is no God?

I Am That I Am said...

Paddy, the wording and very nature of your question inadvertently confirms My existence. Thank you and bless you. -G